Jesus God every day. Then Jesus fell in the water! God said, "Don't fall in the water." Then Jesus went boom [illustrated by jumping off the chair and landing on her knees].
After that the story got a little muddled and I (and Esther too, I think!) lost the flow of it.
On a related note, a few nights ago Esther was praying and started getting distracted, so I finished up for her. She was offended at being cut off, until I told her that she could talk to God anytime, and she could talk to God in her crib after she went to bed if she wanted. As she absorbed this idea, a delighted grin spread across her face. I didn't actually hear any talking from her (though I had the Olympics on, so I might not have), but when I went later to re-tuck her in she said, "I talk to God in my crib. Then I go to sleep!" I'm not sure if the statement was supposed to be past tense or future tense, but...may this be the beginning of a life-long, two-way conversation!
No comments:
Post a Comment