Friday, June 10, 2011

made it to Shanghai!

Someone must have been praying!  Or more likely, several someones.  Esther showed no signs of illness the entire trip.  (She is getting a little sniffly again now, as am I, but that's much better than feeling sick on a fourteen-hour flight!!)  Our flights were smooth, our connections all went according to plan, and we got some sleep on the airplane, though of course not the quality we like.  Esther slept for the second of our two domestic flights and the middle six hours or so of our international flight.  She was cheerful and behaved reasonably appropriately all the time she was awake.  For anyone taking a long trip with a small child, I highly recommend Sticky Wicks!  (I think the current incarnation is called Bendaroos, but they were sticky wicks when my brother and I loved them.)  They're not messy, and there are lots of different ways you can play with them.  I just brought a small pack, but Esther spent more time with those than anything else I had brought for her.  Now we are in our airport hotel (and very thankful for the staff person at the Shanghai airport who helped us navigate calling the shuttle!) and looking forward to a good night's sleep before our last hop to Jinan tomorrow.  Thanks for your prayers!  We are feeling them!  Oh yeah, and our camera works again.  I charged it up a little at an airport kiosk, and apparently that's all it needed.

2 comments:

Vicki Rawden said...

Glad you made it! We are keeping you in our prayers.

Vicki Rawden, Grace (Fu Yang)

Tina och Calle said...

Have a safe travel to Jinan! Thank you for letting us "follow" your journey to your sweetie!
/Tina, Calle and Teo in Sweden and Charlie waiting in Jinan