We finished all of our consulate business yesterday, and Esther has her immigrant visa stamped in her passport! Now we can bring her home with us! She'll become a U.S. citizen when we go through immigration at the Dulles airport.
I don't know if someone read our previous blog before her bedtime and started praying or what, but she went to sleep in all of about two minutes. Other naps and bedtimes since then have been more like 20 minutes, but that's totally normal for her. Speaking of prayer, I'd appreciate prayer for my ears on these next two flights. This whole trip I've had a cold that won't go away, and my right ear has been plugged up most of the last 48 hours. That same ear really hurt on the descent of our flight into Guangzhou, and I'm not looking forward to our flight to Beijing in a few hours! Last night I actually woke up with a bit of a sinus headache--although admittedly, it didn't help that Esther had just flipped over in bed and banged heads with me (this hotel doesn't have a crib, so we've been having her sleep between us). I do feel better this morning. Poor Tim has been sick, too. Esther, thankfully, is just coughing and sneezing so far, and doesn't seem to have any congestion. Her ears did fine on the last flight.
More random observations:
Esther has three Mongolian spots (more like washes in her case, as they're large and very light-colored), one at the base of her spine and one on each ankle.
At her medical exam on Saturday, she weighed in at only 14 pounds! Nonetheless, the 6-9 month footed sleeper I tried to put on her didn't fit because she's so long, especially in the torso. Her 6-9 month pants are a great length, but keep falling down.
She's started keeping tabs on me, watching me wherever I go around the room.
And I should probably go rescue Tim now. He's had Esther duty all morning while I packed, and right now he's feeding her steamed eggs in the hotel's little garden area. I suspect he wouldn't mind a little break!
Linette
2 comments:
Linette,
Hope your ears clear enough to make your flight, and that you all have a pleasant journey to Beijing and a great visit with Stephanie. My prayers are with the three of you as you come closer to bringing Esther home.
Diana
Glad for the update so we know the latest requests. It's also good you know about Mongolian spots, because they can be alarming if you don't...
Can't wait for Thursday!
SBS Racewalker and Family
Post a Comment