We weren't quite sure what would be the best way to celebrate Family Day with a child too young to understand what the fuss was all about. But we definitely wanted it to be a special day for Esther, and we wanted to somehow affirm her history of becoming part of our family.For the "special" part, we decided to go with special food. For all of Esther's meals that day, I picked out foods I know she really likes. Here was her menu:
Breakfast: a milk box, oatmeal, and hot chocolate
Lunch: strawberries, sardines, and toast with
vegemiteSnack: grapes and a ginger snap
Dinner: rotisserie chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and 4 ounces of blueberries
I think the pictures demonstrate how she felt about the blueberries!
For the history part, we gave Esther a photo album with pictures taken of her in China before we met her and pictures from our adoption trip. I "read" it to her a couple of times during the day, and she seemed to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment