Wednesday, July 14, 2010

house pictures

This post isn't exactly about Esther, but it seems like it will be the easiest way to share pictures of our (hopefully!) new house with some folks.  Sorry if this is your second go-round with these photos!

The first four interior pictures are of the upstairs of the house; the room with the faux wood paneling is in the basement.  The dining room furniture and the furniture in the bedroom picture are going to be ours as well!  Rather than trying to move them out, the buyer has offered to sell them to us for a very good price (significantly less than what they are worth, I suspect), and we happily agreed.  Esther's favorite feature of the house is the spiral staircase in the back.  We are wondering if we're going to have to remove it--the last time we were there, I had to get after her for trying to jump down the stairs!  I think the last picture gives a pretty good idea of the steepness of the back yard.  Fortunately, the land right behind the house is relatively flat, so I don't think we have to worry about sliding down the hill.

1 comment:

Mike&Carol said...

We like the spiral staircase on the back porch, but we can see how jumping down the stairs could be interesting.

It's a very nice looking house, congratulations.