As you may have noticed, I like to write down Esther's latest funny sayings from time to time, so I won't forget them. And why not share them while I'm at it? So here is the latest installment.
In addition to "wacket jellos," Esther sometimes gets other beginning consonants switched. My favorite is "runny babbit" (bunny rabbit).
Esther is turning out to be not much of a milk drinker, like her mommy. :-( One day recently I gave her a cup of milk at both breakfast and lunch, only to throw it away several hours later when I discovered it still untouched at her place. However, she will usually drink chocolate milk. (I also push other sources of dairy and calcium.) So the other day I asked her whether she wanted chocolate milk or plain milk, and she said she wanted plain milk. I was a little dubious, so I asked her again and got the same answer. When I brought her the milk, she looked into her cup, looked up with an injured expression, and said, "But I thought you were going to give me chocolate milk!"
Esther for a while was begging us every few hours for a "jumpoline." I thought at first that it was a cute neologism, but apparently there is such a product, and she enjoyed the use of one at her gymastics class. We would like to buy her some jumping apparatus, but want to make sure it is safe, durable (reviews of the jumpoline have left me with some concerns in this category), and doesn't violate the terms of our homeowners insurance. Meanwhile, she has mostly given up bugging us about it, but yesterday she jumped up in the middle of her Donut Hole video for the express purpose of coming and telling me, "I'm waiting so patiently for my jumpoline." So I guess the idea has not died!
Today we opened our new bank account. The woman who walked us through this process was lovely with Esther, getting her a coloring book, finding official-looking pieces of paper for her to write on, and being very patient with her wiggles. Towards the end of the process, this woman printed out some information about our account and highlighted key facts as she went over it with us. So then Esther wanted to use her highlighter to write on the "account number" (a packet of general bank information, I think) that this woman had given her. The woman said it was just fine with her if it was okay with us, and I said that Esther sometimes uses our highlighters at home. At which point Esther piped up, "I usually do things that my mommy and daddy don't let me do."
No comments:
Post a Comment