Monday, November 15, 2010

Rugga Guggan, RIP

Yesterday Esther and Rugga Guggan got into another spat.  Esther was stomping around the kitchen and the dining room saying, "Stop following me, Rugga Guggan!  STOP IT!!!"  Now, on Friday we had gone to a story hour and one of the girls had been getting after Esther for following her during playtime, and I figured that this argument was Esther's way of processing a social situation that she wasn't sure how to handle.  So when Esther came to me to complain that Rugga Guggan wouldn't stop following her, I told her she should think of what she could say to get her to stop.  She started yelling "No!  NO, NO, NO!!!!"  I asked her if yelling made Rugga Guggan stop.  She paused for a minute to think about that, then stamped hard on the floor several times (remember, Rugga Guggan is very small) and calmly announced, "She's dead."  Not exactly the kind of social skill building I had in mind.

No comments: