Monday, July 4, 2011

Jetlag strikes again!

At 7:15 P.M., I came into the living room from starting the dishwasher and discovered Esther spread-eagled on the living room floor, out cold.  Daniel had already been sacked out on the couch for some time.  I went downstairs to check on Tim and found him at least in the bed he planned to sleep in, but fully dressed, and sound asleep.

The latest I've woken up out of the past three nights is 3:43 AM.  That was last night.  Three nights ago I was awakened at 3:30, courtesy of Mr. If-it-has-a-button-I-will-push-it.  I didn't even know our Weather Channel indoor/outdoor temperature reporting monitor had an alarm function.  But I know now!  Then two nights ago Esther woke up at 12:30 and could not get back to sleep for anything, even though I made her stay in bed in the dark.  I have been getting daytime naps, but...need I say that I'm tired?  Meanwhile, Daniel went to bed two nights ago in his closet (he explained later that it was dark in his closet, and he had wanted to go to sleep in the dark) and made it through the night.  He repeated the all-night sleep last night.  So he has not been napping much, which means Tim and I have to stagger our naps.  Oh, I will be happy when we are all on the same schedule!

No comments: